Learn and Grow
The Learn and Grow Program offers a series of workshops and information sessions designed to empower women through developing their knowledge of important support services and life skills.
The information sessions involve presentations from different support services internal and external to SMRC, to provide updated information and assist women in making informed decisions when accessing services.
Key benefits of the Learn and Grow Program include:
- promoting independence and agency
- easy access to support services
- promoting community connection and developing friendships
- developing language and literacy skills
- easier access to employment and employment services
- identifying the needs of women and resolving those needs through referrals
The Learn and Grow Program encourages women to reach out to support services and empowers them to become more independent. The program promotes language skills as well as developing connection with the greater community.
6-week learner permit program: 4th November – 9th December
- Fridays, 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- Location: SMRC, 39 Clow Street
- Learn more about road rules and laws
- Opportunity to practice learner test questions
- Assistance with booking learner’s test
Afghan women, Humanitarian and Refugee Entrants and Partner and Family visa holders who have been in Australia less than 5 years.
The Learn and Grow Program is funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Social Services under the Settlement Engagement and Transition Support Program.
Admin Support and Bilingual Worker
Settlement Case Worker